Mid-congress Field Trip
Intra-congress field trip is included in the Congress fees. Potential field trips are the following:
- Visit the Fuente de Piedra and Archidona lakes. The first is one of the biggest Spanish wetlands included in the Ramsar Convention which is in a very fragile equilibrium with its immediate ecosystem.
- Visit the Nerja Cave and Eastern Coastal area of Malaga, including sea level changes and impacts on the coast line, coastal aquifers and agricultural activities (particularly on subtropical products).
- Visit the Costa del Sol, one of the main worldwide tourist destinations in Spain, and explore water supply to touristic areas applying surface-subsurface conjunctive use, managed recharge, reuse of waste water and desalinization.
- Visit the karst area of Torcal of Antequera and Alta Cadena range. Many spectacular karst features can be seen in a walk in the Torcal summit as well as in Alta Cadena. Also karst springs will be visited.
- Visit the Guadalhorce River Basin, including content on: surficial water (several dams used for water supply Malaga city), some cases with high salinity because of dissolution of evaporitic rocks, and different types of aquifers (carbonate, detrital) which have different characteristics and problems on water quantity and quality.
More information will be available soon.
30th March 2019
15th June 2019
30th June 2019